17 Mar Smart Solution Manager / Berlin (m/f/d)
Smart Solution Manager (m/f/d)
This full-time position is based in Berlin
What we do
We are a fast-growing smart real estate company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a highly energetic team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are product owners, developers, engineers, business strategists, computer scientists and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
What is amazing about this job?
As Smart Solution Manager Germany with preferably a MEP background you are part of the Smart Solution Excellence Team. The main responsibility of the Smart Solution Excellence Team is the definition of our future smart and MEP products based on research and development, acting as implementation manager of the smart solutions and MEP systems during project implementations. The Smart Solution Excellence Team is the owner of the “Smart Solution Package” and “Smart Solution Design Guide”. The Smart Solution Package is a state-of-the-art MEP building solution with cloud-based building automation systems, IoT sensors, smart lighting, highly secured backbone, access control, security systems, smart ceilings and many more building related systems. It is realized in collaboration with key suppliers to deliver smart solutions to our clients and users worldwide. The Smart Solution Package will grow over time to a more standardized design of the complete Mechanical and Electrical installation setup within EDGE projects.
As Smart Solutions Manager, you ensure a successful implementation and commissioning of the “Smart Solution Package” in the EDGE projects. Being based in Berlin you will work together with your local smart solution colleagues who are based in Berlin and in our headquarter in Amsterdam. You will also be collaborating with our Innovation Excellence Team, Lean Design Team and Development Managers world-wide for project implementations. As member of the Smart Solution Team, you will also closely collaborate with our subsidiaries EDGE Next and EDGE Workspace.
All in all, as a Smart Solution Manager you and your high-performance team are key members, shaping the future of the company as you make sure we never stop implementing the smartest most recent market trends in our building product.
Responsibilities you have
- Manage the implementation and delivery of the Smart Solution Package to multiple complex projects in various design and implementation stages across different countries, to ensure timely and superior completion of all deliverables.
- Manage and oversee the project contracts with our Smart Solution Package partners to cover risks back-to-back.
- Set and review the budgets and manage the planning process for the Smart Solution Package delivery.
- Challenge the pricing and solutions offered by our smart solution suppliers.
- Form effective work relationships and networks with smart suppliers and service providers.
- Work with other EDGE teams to help support EDGE’s growth. More specific:
- As part of the Headquarter Smart Solution Team, you will support the design teams of different EDGE projects in the specification of the Smart Solution Package in different countries (starting in Germany and where possible within UK, NL, etc.).
- As part of the local German Smart Solution Team, you will be responsible for the German standardization and translation of the Smart Solution Package Germany
- In collaboration with the other members of the Smart Solution Team, you will be working on the definition of the Smart Solution Package/design guide and help with the further continuous development of EDGE Smart Solutions. Further developments will also be related to complete a standardized Mechanical and Electrical design setup of EDGE projects worldwide. For the standardization of these Mechanical and Electrical design setup, a comprehensive MEP background is preferred.
- As part of the Smart Solution Team you will be part of the EDGE Innovation Platform to strive for more innovative solutions in EDGE projects.
Skills you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (preferable MEP) engineering/technology
- Several years of experience in offices for building services or companies that develop building services solutions
- Interest in and experience with MEP and smart building technology
- Commitment to change and flexibility
- Fluent in English and German
- Sustainability driven
- Teamplayer, problem solver and strong communicator
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Then contact or send your CV, including a motivation letter to Mary Theresa Hoffschmidt (Senior Manager People & Organisation) / email@example.com