24 Sep Solution Architect / Amsterdam
Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardised SaaS offers our clients an understanding of how their buildings perform, how they can optimise operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world.
- As the full-time solution architect strengthening our team, you will be a main sparring partner for the Product Owner and CTO
- You will have a sound understanding of the structure of our existing platform systems and perform analysis for product development (brown field)
- You will also develop the software architecture of new products or services (green field), based on MS Azure IoT components and developments (e.g. data bricks, digital twin, etc.)
- You will translate requirements into a high level design. Taking the desired information needs into information products and an information system with objectives and conditions, (translating concepts, requirements, specifications and ideas into concrete software solutions)
- With the CTO, you will create and maintain the technical roadmap, initiate improvements, coach designers and software engineers in our team. You remain actively informed of developments in the market and the field
- You advise the CTO on the design of software systems and the technical choices related to this
- Supervise Software Developers and Analysts (in-house and out-sourced) in applying the designed architecture and using development tools
- Check and test the technical design architecture and guard compliance with the guidelines and regulations (ISO 27001, GDPR, etc.)
- Draw up test scenarios and test software against functional requirements
- Bachelor degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as a software / system architect and familiar with Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns and Continuous Integration, incl. relevant and current experience with:
- The development of Azure IoT cloud software systems;
- Designing and describing software architectures;
- The development according to design patterns and design principles;
- Model driven development;
- Quality- oriented development (ISO25010);
- Azure Solutions Architect (Associate or Expert certified)
- Experienced with Azure DevOps
- Experienced with server-less / micro services architecture and directory services (B2C).
- Comfortable coding among others in .NET/C#, PowerShell, Python, Embedded C/C++
- Several years of experience as Scrum Master (certificate not essential)
- Have an EU working permit
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Ability to code in ASP/.NET an advantage
- Experience with Power BI an advantage
- Basic understanding of electronics, sensors, Arduino/Raspberry PI, Azure Sphere an advantage
You are also a:
- Natural team leader who enjoys managing teams towards clear targets
- Well-structured and process oriented with intrinsic drive for excellence
- Possess good communication skills and enjoy working in a team with diverse, complementary skills.
- You take on technical challenges. You are entrepreneurial, result-oriented, have a ‘ can-do ‘ mentality and are able to bring parties together.
- You are used to working in a dynamic environment, with parallel projects, changing circumstances and changing priorities.
- You share our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings.
Like to know more or apply now?
Whether you have questions about this position, or are ready to get started as our new Cloud Software Engineer, please send your CV and motivation letter to Nadia van den Borne (HR Manager) via email@example.com.