23 Sep Product Owner / Amsterdam
Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardised SaaS offers our clients an understanding of how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world.
- You will be responsible for defining our product roadmap and functional requirements
- You will discover and understand the continuously evolving customer and stakeholder needs in smart buildings
- Work closely with the CTO and System Architect as well as Software Developers, Commercial Team, and Product Experts to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and/or ROI for our customers
- Assess value, develop cases, prioritise and translate business requirements into features and functional designs for our platform
- Provide context, details and refinement on features to the development team
- Work within our software development team to provide planning estimates and manage expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Ensuring the product strategy to maximise the value-add for our clients.
- Own the holistic product solution, from the development of (new) platform capabilities and optimisation of diverse front-end solutions in Power BI for our clients. Your product scope therefore also includes new data interfaces and collecting data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications, integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions.
- You will work closely with our in-house and out-sourced software teams and our partners at Microsoft, together with our Solutions Architect which is heading the software team.
- Have regular interaction with our wider international commercial, and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT/or similar
- >5 years’ work experience in SaaS environment
- IoT experience
- Several years of experience as Scum Product Owner (certificate not essential)
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Experienced with Azure DevOps, and hands-on software development an advantage
- Natural team leader who enjoys managing teams towards clear targets
- Well-structured and process oriented, communicative and enjoys leading diverse teams.
- Intrinsic drive for excellence
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Strong relevant work experience as a Product Owner/Project Manager in an agile IoT environment
- Strong understanding of (preferably experience in) software architecture and development, both Azure IoT and Power BI
- Proven experience in gathering and transforming business requirements into a successful product strategy including planning, creating and maintaining a product backlog
- Experience working with system architects, development teams, both internal and external, commercial / sales teams
- Strong project management and planning skills
- EU working permit
- Share our passion for building the world better buildings.
Like to know more or apply now?
Whether you have questions about this position, or are ready to get started as our new Cloud Software Engineer, please send your CV and motivation letter to Nadia van den Borne (HR Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org.