17 Apr Product Lead Sustainability / Amsterdam
The commercial real estate market is subject to radical changes. Welcome to the era of ‘location, information, analytics’. Mobility is changing the way we behave; health & wellness is on every one’s agenda and the ‘internet of things’ makes everything in our lives measurable. By 2040 over 65% of the world’s population will be living in cities, that are already using 70% of the world’s annual energy needs. Add to that the raising level of flexibility, wellbeing and inspiration the workforce has come to expect to make clear that we drastically need better buildings.
We are a fast-growing, global, real estate development company headquartered in Amsterdam, with other offices in Rotterdam, Hamburg, Berlin and New York. We are currently in the middle of transforming ourselves from a real estate developer into a tech company with our ultimate goal to become the best brand in the business. It is our core purpose to use technology to connect people and create healthy and sustainable environments. We are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
For our Product Excellence Team we are looking for a Product Lead Sustainability. The Product Excellence Team is the owner of all technical, sustainable and wellbeing aspects, together with the look and feel of the building. Its main responsibility is the definition of our future products based on research and development and acting as quality gate during project implementations. The Product Lead Sustainability is responsible for defining and safe guarding the sustainability ambitions of OVG’s products. You also work on research and development in various fields of sustainability such as energy neutrality, circular supply chains or our other Sustainable Development Goals. Therefore, you work closely with our Lean Design Team, Innovation Team and Development Managers. You will also be collaborating with local architects, interior designers and advisors for project implementations.
Are you the one driving OVG’s sustainability strategy, to create better buildings for the World?
- Defining OVG’s vision and being the owner of all sustainability related aspects of our products both on the level of the building and interior
- Set the guidelines according to which local advisory teams are to translate our product standard into the design of a project
- Support the Lean Design Team during the design phases with focus on safe guarding the consistent Sustainability standards of OVG’s product
- Work on R&D projects to further develop OVG’s product line. You do this with the ability to integrate our other high standards regarding wellbeing, design and technological advancement
- Pro-active involvement in key sustainability related networks around the world, representing OVG at the same
- Leading and being up to date on all sustainability trends and being able to translate the same to our future product
- Becoming the main center of knowledge within OVG regarding sustainability
Competencies relevant to the role
- Self-confident, when necessary speaks up and stands for her/his statements as “owner” of our product standards
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Innovator with enthusiastic personality and high level of energy
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
Technical Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Engineering Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of Sustainability. Experience in project implementation is an asset.
- Your experience proofs your drive for innovation and ability to realize the same
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Other languages are an asset
- Willing to travel abroad (ca. 3-5 days per month)
- EU working permit is a precondition
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. OVG offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore flexibility, a desire to constantly learn and a desire to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our Product Lead Wellbeing? Please apply directly via LinkedIn